BioTime is leading the next revolution in medicine – regenerative medicine. Regenerative medicine utilizes advances in stem cell biology, biomaterials, lab-generated cells and tissues, and biologics to engineer and provide healthy cells, tissues and organs to patients with chronic degenerative diseases. This revolution in medical science changes the focus from treating the symptoms of chronic and degenerative diseases to providing actual cures. Together with our subsidiaries, we have a strong focus on improving patients’ lives, and we are advancing clinical trials and a robust pipeline which includes the following programs:
- OpRegen® is in a Phase I/IIa development for the dry form of age-related macular degeneration (dry-AMD) through subsidiary Cell Cure Neurosciences Ltd.
- Renevia®, our proprietary cell delivery matrix designed to facilitate the stable engraftment of transplanted cells, is in a pivotal clinical trial in Europe for HIV-associated lipoatrophy.
- AST-OPC1 is in a Phase I/IIa trial for spinal cord injury rehabilitation and AST-VAC2 is advancing toward clinical development for acute myeloid leukemia (AML), and non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC), all pluripotent stem cell-based therapies being developed by subsidiary Asterias Biotherapeutics, Inc. (NYSE MKT: AST).
- OncoCyte (NYSE MKT: OCX) is developing a next generation of diagnostic tests that will be liquid biopsies using blood or urine samples. OncoCyte’s initial liquid biopsy products will be confirmatory diagnostics for detecting lung, bladder, and breast cancer. OncoCyte’s diagnostic tests are based on a proprietary set of genetic markers broadly expressed in numerous types of cancer.
- Technology healthcare (mHealth) solutions are being developed and marketed by subsidiaries LifeMap Sciences, Inc. and LifeMap Solutions.
- cGMP-compliant ES cell lines are available for research and clinical studies.
- BioTime’s FDA-approved blood plasma expander Hextend® is marketed in collaboration with Pfizer, Inc., in the United States and under an agreement with CJ Corporation in South Korea.
We are a publicly traded company listed on the NYSE MKT and TASE under the symbol BTX.